HUBERT CONSERVATION ASSOCIATION
Saturday, June 16th
8:45 to 9:15 a.m. – coffee, juice, rolls, and social time
9:15 to 11:15 a.m. – annual business meeting
Lutheran Church of the Cross
(County Road 13, just east of Sportland)
What: Annual Meeting Items Including:
· Lake reports including water quality, business updates, web site information, conservation easement information, plus other current news about our wonderful lake.
· New Lake Hubert Directories
· New Guide for Shoreline Owners
· Guest Speaker
(Please note: In order to receive your copy of the new Directory and Shoreline Guide, you need to be current on your annual dues. Dues may be paid at the annual meeting.)
LATE BREAKING NEWS ABOUT
· Brand new stylish, fantastically fashionable, Lake Hubert beach towels will be available for purchase at the meeting. Don’t be caught on your beach this summer without one (what would your neighbors think if you only had a “plain towel” and NOT a Lake Hubert towel?)
· By popular demand, LHCA jackets will again be available for purchase! Figure out your size and order NOW as this may be your last chance to buy a great jacket and also support your Lake Association.
· The Lake Hubert Depot will have its grounds spruced up! Overgrown branches will be cleaned out as a fire hazard prevention measure. This work will also improve the visibility of the Depot and improve the lighting.
· Finally, some rain! Lake Hubert did get some significant rain in late May so that many residents can now get their boats out. The lake level is still down nearly a foot from last spring and the burning ban is still in effect! Please remember that you can’t have open burning yet. Hopefully, we will get a wet early summer and the ban will eventually be lifted.
· Two new LHCA board members have started their service. The Association is very pleased to welcome Jim Sawyer and Cheri Skrukrud to the LHCA Board of Directors.
It has been an interesting spring as far as fishing is concerned. Lots of high winds have often limited fishing activity but calmer days have produced good catches of crappies. One LHCA Board Member caught a 27” seven pound walleye. Naturally, the discrete angler would not reveal where he caught the lunker. Rock Bass are just beginning to be active for those aficionados who savor this unappreciated species.
HELP WANTED – NEW TREASURER!
Our treasurer for many, many years is wearing out. It is NOT a huge job but still needs to be done. Salary is negligible and non-negotiable but has lots of great perks such as giving the financial report at the annual meeting! Contact President Chuck Corchran if interested.
DEMOGRAPHIC UPDATE REQUEST
If you have changed your address, phone
number, or e-mail, then we need to hear from you. It is easy to do as you
can e-mail us at LakeHubert@aol.com or call (218) 963-4407 and leave a
Thank you and we hope to see you on June 16th!